Education Is Important In Life Essay
Why is education so important because it is a part of our life. Education is so much important for success in life. Education is important for the personal, social and economic development of the nation. Education is important to live with happiness and prosperity.
Education empowers minds that will be able to conceive good thoughts and ideas.
Education enables students to do the analysis while making life decisions.
Life gives various survival challenges for humans. But education guide human to fight the with failure and get success in life.
Education is only one thing that can remove corruption, unemployment, and environmental problems. Education is not about doing degree it is about how you can live with your own feet.
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
Education helps to become good students, parents, entrepreneurs, doctors, siblings and honest citizens. Being in contact with an educated person and having an intelligent conversation with him expands knowledge and introduces a certain creativity and joy in the mind.
Education makes the national development process fast. Education develops good political ideology. The standard of living of its citizens is largely dependent on the level of education the citizens are able to acquire.
The value of education and its significance can be understood from the fact that as soon as we are born, our parents start educating us about an essential thing in life. A toddler starts learning new words and develops a vocabulary based on what his parents teach him. They educate him who is his father, mother, brother, sister etc. and how to behave with each person giving them due respect. They also impart him priceless knowledge about ethics and morals right from the beginning when he has a tender mind so that these qualities stay with him for his entire life in the form of conditionings.
How we behave with our parents and how much regard we have for our elders is a direct result of our initial education in our childhood days. So it wouldn’t be wrong to say that a person’s initial education begins at his home. Parents guide their child not just into the first steps when he starts learning how to walk; they also guide him on the steps to be taken with behavior, morality, and respect.
They educate him about the rules of society and why they need to be followed to become a good human being. As the child grows older, his ambitions and desires grow bigger and parents try their best to provide him the best educational environment to make his dreams come true.
If you look at the existing educational system today, you will notice that education has been reduced to an exchange of instructions and information and nothing more. Whereas in earlier times the motive of education was to infuse good values and morals in an individual’s consciousness. Today we have drifted away from this ideology because of the rapid commercialisation in the education sector.
In today’s era, it is extremely important to know about the significance of a good education. A good education does not simply consist of going to school or college to get a degree. It goes beyond that. If someone is able to read or write, has gone to school and attained a degree, it does not mean he has a complete education. This is just a part of the knowledge that makes him aware of what is important in the world, and since most of the world wants a degree from him, he goes ahead and gets a degree. In this process, he gets the capability to know what is important for him, what is wrong and what is right.
According to my own consciousness and its expressions based on my experiences, I believe that an educated person is one who is able to adapt to his situations as per the necessity of the hour. He should be able to utilize his skills and his education to overcome difficult obstacles in any area of his life so that he can take the correct decision at that moment. That is what I believe make a person educated.
Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow.
A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
So let’s discuss in detail in a listed way, why education is really important and its significance in our life.
Let’s understand short 16 points:- Why is education so important in our life
- A good education makes an individual develop personally, socially as well as economically. Education helps us to do our daily life activities in best possible ways. Education makes us dutiful. Education helps us to acquire new skills and knowledge that will impact our development in life.
- Education gives a person all the necessary tools and awareness about how he can earn his daily bread and butter. He also gets knowledge about how he can raise his standard of living while fulfilling his family’s daily requirements.
- Having an education makes a person well informed about his rights and his responsibilities. He knows that it is his right as well as his responsibility to exercise his power to vote and elect a good representative during elections.
- A good education teaches a person the art of living life to the fullest. It teaches him how best to use the nation’s resources for progress.
- An education person is able to identify right from wrong and good from bad.
- During adverse times, an educated person is able to adapt to the difficult situation by tapping into his education to make things work in his favor.
- An education gives a person knowledge about good values, ethical and moral responsibilities in life
- After getting educated, a person is able to fight the various social evils and feels empowered to eradicate such problems.
- An educated person is environmentally conscious and knows how important it is to keep our surroundings clean and litter free. An educated parent instills into his children the importance of cleanliness and also spreads this message to other people in his circle.
- It is only an educated person who feels morally responsible for others who are traveling with him on public transport and would willingly give up his seat for the elderly and ladies.
- An educated politician knows how to behave in public and how to talk to the media properly. He also knows what are the needs and ambitions of the public and does everything in his power to satisfy them.
- An educated doctor not only treats his patient well using all available means, he also treats them with compassion and humility and genuinely cares for his patient’s welfare.
- An educated bus or truck driver knows how to talk to people politely and uses appropriate language with everyone, be it his passengers or fellow drivers on the road.
- A well-educated teacher is successful in teaching his students effectively and knows how to make use of his own knowledge and education for the overall development of the society.
- An educated society can help everyone to grow and develop as individuals in their respective fields.
- An educated person respects everyone who is older than him and reserves a special regard for the elderly and ladies.
So you can see how a good education can play a significant role in the life of a person.
Friends, I understand that education is a medium of attaining knowledge. It is the primary aim of getting an education; to expand our knowledge. When we make use of this knowledge we have got from education for practical purposes, only then we realize the real significance of getting an education in the first place.
Education is not just about an exchange of information and pre-set instructions, it is a gateway that opens up our creative and imaginative capabilities.
Education in this Modern Era
Let’s try and understand using the following points, in what way is the importance of an education perceived in the modern era:
1. Today the primary reason why a child is pushed into a school at the tender age of 3 is not that the parents want him to attain knowledge; it is because they are afraid that their child will be “left-behind” other children who are actually going through the same mindless routine. It is a common sight to see small kids carrying really heavy bags to and fro from school, which actually stunts their physical development.
2. Similarly the most prevalent psychology among student today is to fight intense competition for a certain degree to get a certain job. In this way, education has become highly commercialised and almost like a business today, with institutes charging very high fees for their degrees which promise good placements because they have “tie-ups” with the companies. But still they are leaving their jobs after 3-4 months or most of them are not satisfied.
3. Currently a majority of students are going into institutes which have good marketing and advertising strategy and make lofty promises to entice people during admission times. So people are not influenced by the teachers and the quality of teaching but by the advertisements and promotional campaigns being run by the institute.
4. In recent times you will notice that every educated person knows how to chat nicely with people from all around the world, but they have forget how to talk respectfully to elders in their own homes such as parents and others.
Today the sole objective of getting an education has been reduced to earning money and nothing more.
In the above mentioned points I am trying to convey to you that the importance and role of education is not limited to getting bookish knowledge that we are forced to cram up before exams and then regurgitate onto the answer sheet so that we can get a degree in the end, which is done so that we can get a certain job we don’t really like. I cannot deny the fact that it’s important to get a job, but I believe it is more important to make use of our education in a way that unleashes our creativity and eventually brings behavioral changes in us for the greater good of mankind.
In my opinion, I don’t think there is a single person who can be called completely educated to perfection. Anyone who is imparting education or anyone who is attaining the education is not knowledgeable to the maximum. Education is an entity that is constantly being adopted and readopted from one person to the other. Sometimes a teacher can learn many things from a student too.
We were not born in this world to go through this rat race for getting degrees, but unfortunately, the people who made such decisions for us, or rather forced these decisions upon us, are the ones who had a different understanding of education and its importance in the real world. They did their fair share of behavioral research on different topics and issues and came up with the modern education policy and system that we see today. Now we are a part of this system and we need to follow this system for our progress. But the important question to ask ourselves is that if this system is really effective, why do we still have such an unusually high employment rate? So I believe that the current educational policies and systems have become outdated and it is essential to update them at the earliest.
If every one of us understands the real importance of education and its qualitative significance, and if everyone is educated then what changes can we expect to see in the world? I must re-emphasise that education isn’t just about schools, colleges, and degrees. Someone who has attained most of his knowledge through non-traditional means involving bookish knowledge is just as educated as the one who has a degree. Even today you will find that some of the toppers in the most competitive examinations are the ones who come from a poor background and whose parents never went to school. The children of these poor families are the ones who are excelling in business and running their own successful companies.
Let’s shed some light on the fact that there are innumerable methods of getting what we call education in the present times. There are thousands of colleges from which millions of students get their education each year. But they are still not knowledgeable enough to face the real challenges that life throws at them. Why is the modern educated society like that today? Can we actually call it an educated society? And are the people in it really educated?
Problems associated with the modern educated society today and its impact:
I hold the opinion that the following points are worth thinking about by not just me and you, but also by the government, educational organizations, scholars and teachers alike:
- The youth of today spends lakhs of rupees on his education today, but why is it that he is not able to get a decent job? Who is responsible for this?
- Society today is well educated and modernized to a great extent, but why are they still neck deep into superstitions and illogical belief systems?
- If we are educated and aware that cleanliness is essential to prevent diseases, why is it that we still see piles of garbage lying around everywhere?
- If we are educated and know very well that certain politicians are corrupt, why do we still elect them into powerful positions and then become subservient to them?
- If we are educated we should respect all living being, but why do people still kill cows and other animals on a regular basis?
- Why is it that we see so many cases of educated people committing suicide because they couldn’t crack a competitive exam or get a job?
So despite having so many sources of education, despite having so many learned people among us, why are we still categorized as a backward and undeveloped people? Until and unless people come out of bookish knowledge and apply real world intelligence and education to our lives, we will remain a developing country, developing at a very slow pace. After all, who exactly is responsible for understanding the actual importance of education and spreading it among others?
I think the following people can be pivotal in raising the standards of education, its quality and its relevance in the modern era:
If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher.
A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
Parents education is most important to live a life
They are the first influence when a child is born and they should inculcate or impart good values, morals, and ethics in their child from the very beginning. Parents should develop good habits in their children about respecting elders and supporting them in their old age. It is heart breaking to see some people sending their old and ailing parents to old age homes when they don’t want to take their responsibility anymore.
Here you can learn more about Importance of parents in our life
Education by Teachers shows us the way to build a career and prosperous life.
Teachers should not use all the resources available to them just so that a student can pass his exam. They should also take it as their own responsibility that their students learn more about what is right and wrong in the world today. They should explain to them while teaching how a particular topic can help them get a job and how a skill or knowledge will help them for their entire life. Teachers should also try to motivate their students and change their outlook and perception of life into one of positivism and hope for the future. They should also encourage their students to make use of their creativity and find innovative solutions to their problems so that their imagination can open doors to a bright future.
More about Teachers:Importance of Teachers in our life
Government play important role in providing infrastructure for better and effective education
It is not just about the Indian Government, every country’s politicians and decision makers should make an effort to find out how they can raise the standards of education in their country. Also, they should allocate more budget for education each year so that the quality of education is improved. The Government should provide more facilities and resources to teachers so that they can teach with an open mind and independence from age-old practices of teaching.
Educated societies create educational environment
A person’s development and the way education is spread among people are influenced by society’s contribution to a large extent. Our society should try to create an environment that is helpful for all section of society in getting a good education.
Friends, it is our education only that makes us human. It is our education that separates us from other living beings on the planet. It is our education that gives us the knowledge and skills to use our creative talents to their maximum potential. So you can see how important a good education is for us.
To lead a good life and to get the spiritual and material happiness that lasts for a long time, it is absolutely essential to get educated. Only education can help our society to progress further and education is the only element that is equally significant for all sects, ethnicity and social groups because it has the power to uplift everyone.
Education is a means of upgrading our skills and attaining more knowledge and it is one of the best means possible. Education starts at home so we should take steps to ensure that the environment in our homes is helpful for our children to learn as much as possible. Besides our homes, we should also try to contribute from our side as much as we can for the development of our society and our nation.
Related: Importance of Girl’s Education in this world
So, friends, these are the reasons why I think education is of utmost importance in the modern era. These are the reasons why I think that raising the standards of education is pivotal to the welfare of our nation.
Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of an individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honor for me.
A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
Spread the love
Why is Education So Important in Our Life?
When I started thinking about why education is so important, I remembered my high school years when I used to spend almost five hours a month on math homework, wake up at 6:00 AM and get ready for my PSAL soccer game after school. I remembered my teachers, school subjects, the study and the fun! I never really hated school. But I have seen many of my peers who hated going to school; I have had some friends who did not like the idea of studying. Some needed to be up in summer school for recovery. I personally was always focused because I wanted to become a software engineer. I know it will be hard and very challenging. However I believe I can handle the challenge. The first thing that strikes me about education is knowledge gain. Education gives us a knowledge of the world around us and changes it into something better. It develops in us a perspective of looking at life. It helps us build opinions and have points of view on things in life. People debate over the subject of whether education is the only thing that gives knowledge. Some say education is the process of gaining information about the surrounding world while knowledge is something very different. They are right. But then again, information cannot be converted into knowledge without education. Education makes us capable of interpreting things, among other things. It is not just about lessons in textbooks. It is about the lessons of life. One thing I wish I can do is, to provide education for all: no child left behind and change the world for good!!